NEWS & EVENTS
Park Boulevard Colouring-in Competition
Calling all budding colouring artists! Park Boulevard Shopping Centre is looking for artists to help fill their wall with colourful Christmas spirit. Children between the ages of 4 and 12 are encouraged to pick up a colouring page from any of the stores in Park Boulevard, and take it home to add their colourful creations. Once done, come by and pop it in the dedicated mailbox, inside Spar or Pharmacy at Spar Brownsdrift, by no later than close of business on Thursday, December 13th.
These beautiful creations will then be put up and displayed on the walls of Park Boulevard for all to see. Please ensure that your name and a parent’s contact details are on the back of the page.
The top three from each of the respective categories (4-5 years; 6-7 years; 8-10 years; and 10-12 years) will win a prize. The winners will be contacted and asked to come and collect their prizes on Saturday, December 15th 2018 at 10:30am at Park Boulevard Shopping Centre. First prize is a goodie hamper, sponsored by Spar and Pharmacy at Spar Brownsdrift . Second place will take home an Andrea’s Café Italia voucher, where you can treat yourself and family or friends to a delicious meal- there will be something for everyone to enjoy together! Third prize is a hamper filled with various goodies, sponsored by Park Boulevard.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: “COLOURING IN COMPETITION” – PARK BOULEVARD
Terms and Conditions:
- The “Colouring-in Competition” runs from Friday, 30th November 2018 until close of business on Thursday, 13th December 2018.
- The competition is open to all kids in the following age categories:
- 4-5 years
- 6-7 years
- 8-10 years
- 10-12 years
- The completed page needs to be deposited into the entry box, which will be available at Spar and Spar Pharmacy.
- Only one entry per age group per child.
- 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes will be awarded per age category.
- Adjudication will take place on Friday, 14th December 2018. No correspondence regarding the adjudication will be entered into.
- Notification will be made to the parents of the finalists via details provided on the reverse of the colouring in page.
- Prize Giving and prize handover will take place on Saturday, 15th December 2018 at 10:30am at Park Boulevard Shopping Centre.
- The competition excludes employees and immediate family members of employees who are employed by any subsidiary of Broll Property Group, their tenants and employees, Emira Property Fund KZN, and Goldfish Communications, and any of their subsidiary registered companies. Advertising agencies are also excluded from entering the competition.
- The prize is not transferrable, and may not be exchanged for cash.
- The Promoter/sponsor reserves the right to alter the chosen prize/s or choose a prize of equal value.
- By participating in this competition, the participants agree to the publication of their name and photographs for promotional purposes, in respect of this competition, without compensation of any form.
- The Promoter reserves the right to alter or cancel the competition at its discretion without notice. Broll Property Group, Emira Property Fund KZN, and Goldfish Communications shall not be liable for any claim resulting from the alteration or cancellation of the competition.
- This competition does not create any obligation on the part of Park Boulevard, Broll Property Group, Emira KZN, or Goldfish Communications, its agents, employees or shareholders, nor do the participants acquire any rights in law.
- For more information in respect of this competition and the Terms and Conditions, please visit http://www.parkboulevard.co.za/
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the entrant or the promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act, 68 of 2008 (“the CPA”).
- By entering in accordance with its terms, you are entering a competition for the purposes of the Consumer Protection Act, 2008 (“CPA”) and the competition will be conducted in accordance with the relevant provisions of the CPA. Should you win a prize in the competition, you undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the promoter/sponsor to comply with its obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to:
- providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize and
- signing receipt of the prize upon its delivery.
The Family and Diabetes
Park Boulevard Pharmacy at Spar Brownsdrift are offering free Blood Glucose screening as well as free Blood Pressure screening throughout the month of November.
Sister Claire de Villiers (Bcur) and Mbali Mzimela (BPharm) will be conducting these screenings on the following days:
Monday-Friday – 8am to 1pm
Saturday – 10am to 12pm
Sunday – No screenings
As part of their community outreach program, Park Boulevard Shopping Centre gifted Golden Hours School with a sensory garden.
A sensory garden is specifically created to heighten one’s senses – touch, smell, sight, taste and sound – with the help of the immediate environment and natural organisms around it. These kinds of gardens are incredibly beneficial for people of all ages, particularly those with sensory processing issues, including autism and other disabilities.
“We wanted to gift Golden Hours School with something that we knew would benefit them in not just an educational sense, but a fun and exciting one too!” Says Elisabeth Pretorius, centre manager for Broll Properties
No two sensory gardens are ever the same, as each is created according to its unique surroundings and available space.
Principal, Rowan Hornby, says her precious young charges can’t wait to start playing: “We at Golden Hours School are incredibly grateful for this sponsorship from Park Boulevard- I know our kids can’t wait to start exploring their new play area!”
For any further enquiries, contact Park Boulevard on 031 362 1772.